Nadal withdraws from the Indian Wells tennis tournament.


Nadal withdraws from the Indian Wells tennis tournament.















Rafael Nadal (37) returned to tennis competitions in Brisbane, Australia, last January after an absence of nearly a year due to a thigh injury, but he had to withdraw from the Australian Open due to another muscle injury.

 

Nadal lost to his compatriot Carlos Alcaraz in an exhibition tournament in Las Vegas last Sunday and seemed close to participating in Indian Wells, where he has won " the title three times.".

 

Nadal, who has won 22 Grand Slam titles, said in a statement, "With great sadness and regret, I am forced to withdraw from this wonderful tournament. Everyone knows how much I love this place and how much I love playing here in Indian Wells. This is also one of the reasons why I came early to the desert to train and prepare."

 

He added, "I have worked hard and trained, and you all know that I underwent a test earlier this week, but I do not find myself ready to play at the highest level in such an important event."

 

The Spanish star emphasized that the decision to withdraw "was not easy. It was a difficult decision, but I cannot deceive myself and deceive thousands of fans. I will miss you all, and I am confident that the tournament will be very successful."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post